YOUR "Marching Orders" to Contact Congress: MORE Senators needed NOW!
Here's how YOU can HELP quickly & easily right NOW! Ask your family & friends to do this, too!
5 different ways to Contact YOUR U.S. Senators & ask them to Co-Sponsor the bills!!!
1) CALL the Military Legislative Assistant (MLA) at your (2) U.S. Senators' offices in Washington, D.C.!
Contact the Military Legislative Assistant via telephone. There will be a record of your call (legal requirement)!
Here is a sample Phone Script:
“Hello, my name is First Name, Last Name. I currently reside in City, State. I am requesting that my Senator CO-SPONSOR Bill S. 1174 which will award the Congressional Gold Medal to the 65th Infantry Regiment Borinqueneers.
If passed, this legislation will make history for all Latino Veterans and all Latinos alike. I look forward to a favorable response from your office. Thank you.”
The Senators we still need to become Co-Sponsors are organized by state here with their D.C. office phone numbers: NEED these Senators!
2) You can MAIL A LETTER to their district/state offices, NOT Washington DC offices because of extra delays in mail delivery for security reasons.
3) But, you can also FAX YOUR LETTER to their DC office!!!
4) You can complete the quick & easy email WEB FORMS on their official gov't. Senator websites. The Senators we still need to become Co-Sponsors are organized by state here with direct links to their online Web Forms: NEED these Senators!
5) You can send REGULAR EMAILS to the primary D.C. staffers of your elected congressional officials. To email your elected officials' D.C. staffers, see our D.C. Staffer Email Contact List
Who has already Co-Sponsored? See current Co-Sponsors here: 65th Infantry Bill Co-sponsor Countdown
Which Senators do we still need? See current list by state of Senators who have NOT Co-Sponsored S.1174: NEED these Senators! Tell your relatives & friends who live in these states!
Senators & House of Representatives members CONTACT INFO:
CRITICAL: US Senators list (Contact 2 of them): http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
US House of Representatives list (Contact 1 of them if your time permits): http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Thank you very much!
Census of LIVING Borinqueneers!
If you are a 65th Infantry Regiment veteran or know of a LIVING 65th Infantry Regiment, please Contact Us immediately with your information!!!
-Unit they served with
65th (i.e.,what company)
-Dates they served while in Korea
SUCCESSFUL MISSION COMPLETION is essential in 2014, or the bills in Congress will disappear. YOUR HELP is needed NOW!
Tools YOU Can Use to Help Champion the Cause:
Spread the Word!
Help us spread the word!
Here are some ways you can help us "spread the word":
"Like" & visit our Facebook Page to stay connected!
"Like" & "Share" posts from our FB Page, & invite your FB friends to "Like" our FB Page, too!
On FB, make sure you frequently check your "Pages Feed" or add us to your interests list so you don't miss anything!
Let folks know about this great effort in OTHER WAYS, too! Don't forget family!
RESIDENTS OF PR: ask your stateside family & friends to contact their US lawmakers ahora!
Visit our Resources Page for items that you can use and distribute!
- In The News! +
- 65th Inf. Memorials
- About Us
- 65th Infantry Historia
- CGM Design
- Call Congress Now!!
- Bill Co-Sponsor Countdown
- Endorsements & Support
- Proclamations & Resolutions
- Latino Heroes!
- Contact Us!
- Hispanic Heritage Awards Borinqueneers Tribute
- CGM Ceremony Updates
Your "Marching Orders"
NOW: Please CALL your 2 Senators at their D.C. offices to Co-Sponsor the bill! Tell your relatives & friends to do this, too! More details & other options below!
Also, please complete the 65th Inf. Reg. Borinqueneers Census if you know of a LIVING Borinqueneer!
Please help SPREAD THE WORD, too!
In The News!
Snapshot of Our Cause
What Nat'l Supporters are Saying
House Bill H.R.1726 Introduction
Senate Bill S.1174 Introduction
Copyright 2014 Borinqueneers Congressional Gold Medal Alliance. All Rights Reserved.