65th Infantry LIVING Veterans Census!
NOTE OF CLARIFICATION: The Congressional Gold Medal intends to honor ALL those who fought with and in support of the 65th Infantry Regiment since the unit's inception. However, for CEREMONIAL, STATISTICAL, and COMMUNICATIONS purposes, we are only capturing information on LIVING 65th Infantry Veterans.
The information collected from our census will be used internally within our organization for the SOLE purposes of disseminating and MAILING important information to the 65th Infantry Regiment veterans such as information on the CGM initiative, 65th Infantry Regiment events, activities, ceremonies and other related information on the 65th Infantry Regiment.
Upon receipt of the below information, we will then mail your veteran family member a "Congratulations Letter" for the Borinqueneers CGM achievement.
ONLY ONE Gold Medal will be fabricated by the US Govt. for exhibition in the Smithsonian Museum.The CGM is a collective recognition (not an individual recognition) that encompasses all soldiers in the 65th Infantry Regiment from 1899 until 1956. Hence, veterans do not "qualify" or are "eligible" for the Gold Medal.
At a date to yet be determined, the US Dept. of Treasury will produce Bronze Gold Medal replicas for public sale after the original gold medal is presented. The price of the Bronze Gold Medal replicas ranges from about $40-$55.
If you or your family member are/is a LIVING 65th Infantry Veteran or know of one, please fill out the form with the veteran's basic information:
4. Unit (s) Served with the 65th Infantry Regiment * (i.e., what company?)
*(NOTE: Item #4 IS VERY IMPORTANT TO SUBMIT. WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION, THE VETERAN WILL NOT BE ADDED TO OUR CENSUS)
5. Approximate dates served with the 65th Infantry Regiment
NOTE: Please do not submit any Social Security Numbers, Dates of Birth, veteran's US Service Member number, or any private, sensitive information. We have no value for this type of information.
When appropriate, you may be requested to substantiate the veteran's service and participation with the 65th Infantry, by submitting the following items:
1) the veteran's DD-214 Form (military service discharge document)
To request a veteran's DD-214 Form and all of his military records archived, please follow the instructions here: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
NOTE: Some of the key elements of information which a DD-214 PRIMARILY validates for a servicemember's specific period of military service are:
1) location of service entry for a specific period of military service
2) unit assignment of discharge for a specific period of military service
3) class of discharge for a specific period of military service
4) last rank held at the end of specific period of military service
5) awards and decorations during a specific period of military service
In most cases, a DD-214 Form DOES NOT NECESSARILY indicate a servicemember's participation with the 65th Infantry Regiment. The DD-214 Form IS NOT meant to be a chronological record of servicemember's military history. The DD-214 Form is used to document a servicemember's military service for a specific period of time and the type of discharge for that given period of military service. A servicemember may have multiple DD-214 Forms throughout their military career. Read subsequent item for more information on supporting documentation.
2) Appropriate documents (such as pictures, personal letters, military documents, memo's, certificates, plaques, artifacts) to substantiate the veteran's service and participation with the 65th Infantry Regiment.
- If appropriate documents cannot be provided, then a personal interview may be conducted with the veteran by our organization. The veteran's participation with the 65th Infantry Regiment will then be validated on a case by case basis based on all of the documentation and information provided.
We need your help in seeking information on our LIVING 65th Infantry Veterans !!!
- In The News! +
- 65th Inf. Memorials
- About Us
- 65th Infantry Historia
- CGM Design
- Call Congress Now!!
- Bill Co-Sponsor Countdown
- Endorsements & Support
- Proclamations & Resolutions
- Latino Heroes!
- Contact Us!
- Hispanic Heritage Awards Borinqueneers Tribute
- CGM Ceremony Updates
In The News!
Snapshot of Our Cause
What Nat'l Supporters are Saying
House Bill H.R.1726 Introduction
Senate Bill S.1174 Introduction
Copyright 2014 Borinqueneers Congressional Gold Medal Alliance. All Rights Reserved.